Sunday 24 June 2012

Summer of Renewal

24th June 2012, let this be known as 'Sparkle New Year'.
The first year of my university experience and independence is over and the changes have been immeasurable. Unpremeditated trials and tribulations have been recognized and overcome and i'm the end i'm thankful for them. I've grown in mind and soul, I've grown up, I've got to know myself more than ever before. (Hello me, nice to meet you!). I could never regret the obstacles that I have tackled because 'sparkle' needs darkness to truly shine.
So it was goodbye Broadgate Park... 


And Hello to a 'Summer of Sparkle'...

At the end of my final term i decided to read 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert and one Balinese meditation she outlined truly appealed to me. It was nicknamed 'the four brothers'. Basically when you are born you have four brothers looking out for you for the rest of your life. They are; Strength, Intelligence, Friendship and Poetry, and together they are there for you for the rest of your life. They even give your body a name, 'Lagoh Prano' which translates roughly into 'Happy Body'.
Ultimately its what we all want out of life, to be happy, and i believe that with the combination of these four elements looking out for me and me recognizing their presence i can find that inner 'Sparkle' again.

And just to make sure i never forget my true self i thought i better write it down in a place ill never lose it...
This blog will be the documentation of 'Sparkle' and my mind is already full to the brim of posts that I want to share...

And so with the sunshine and the great burst of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had the familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald

In other words...
I'm Ready...
Peace andLove x

No comments:

Post a Comment